Reporting directly to the CTO, you’ll be a key member of our growing development team. You will work closely with one of our lead developers to plan, design, and implement new application features.
At Hubtran, you will join a team that:
- Has experience. The majority of our developers have more than 10 years of professional experience. One has published a book with the Pragmatic Programmers.
- Has won the Chicago Innovation Award and Harvard Business School New Venture Contest.
- Is remote friendly. We care about what you can accomplish, not where you choose to accomplish it from.
- Believes diversity is essential and strongly encourages applications from women and minority candidates.
- Can articulate their values. You can read about our values at https://engineering.hubtran.com/2017/06/01/welcome-to-the-new-hubtran-blog.
- Pays well.
- Offers benefits including health insurance, 4 weeks of vacation, 401k, stock options, and more.
In order to succeed in this role you should be:
- Experienced. You have designed and implemented entire projects not just individual stories.
- Curious. You aren’t content with the status quo and know that we can always improve.
- Self-directed. You can work on your own while prioritizing tasks.
- Collaborative. You can work with others to improve a solution.
- Empathetic. Your designs are influenced by a deep understanding of the customers’ needs.
- A strong communicator. You will proactively communicate issues and trade-offs with team members to support alignment and fast decision making.
Bonus points for:
- Experience or strong interest in Machine Learning.
- Experience with functional languages like Elm, Haskell, OCaml, Elixir, or Clojure.
- Previous Logistics experience.
- Being in Chicago or Cincinnati.
HubTran is a fast-growing technology startup focused on automating work in the logistics industry. Through a combination of a powerful browser based interface and machine learning, we are able to reduce our customer’s workload by 4x or more. HubTran is already cash flow positive with significant upside potential.
To apply, please send a resume and introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org.